Recent Posts

Monday, December 18, 2017

Christmas Countdown Blitz Day 7






Donna Hatch is the author of the best-selling “Rogue Hearts Series,” and a winner of writing awards such as The Golden Quill and the International Digital Award. A hopeless romantic and adventurer at heart, she discovered her writing passion at the tender age of 8 and has been listening to those voices ever since. She has become a sought-after workshop presenter, and also juggles freelance editing, multiple volunteer positions, and most of all, her six children (seven, counting her husband). A native of Arizona who recently transplanted to the Pacific Northwest, she and her husband of over twenty years are living proof that there really is a happily ever after.


Connect with the Author here: 


Holly's two Christmas wishes this year are to finally win her mother's approval by gaining the notice of a handsome earl, and discovering the identity of the stranger who gave her a heart-shattering kiss...even if that mystery kisser is the resident Christmas ghost.





~ Amazon ~ Amazon UK





Q&A With the Author: 

1.  Describe yourself in 50 words or less.
I'm a busy, crazy, often scatterbrained mom, wife, reader, chocoholic, nature-lover, and author with terrible organizational skills and a great love for literature, music, theatre, art, dance, and happily ever afters. 

2. What do you love most in the world?
Hard to choose. Well, besides my family and friends, I love sunsets on a beach. And the sound of rain pattering leaves. 

3. What inspired you to become an Author?
It's some kind of painful obsession. Really, I don't recommend it. But I write because I must, because I can't NOT write. When my son said he thought he might want to try his hand at writing, my reaction was; “No! Don’t succumb to those voices. If you do, they will never leave you alone!”

4. What is your largest unfulfilled dream, and what are you doing to reach it?
Becoming a USA today best seller is an unfulfilled dream and I keep writing the next book hoping this one will be the one. I also take continuing education writing classes to add more tools to my writing tool box. But really, my biggest dream is to eat all the chocolate I want and never gain any weight. Wouldn’t that be awesome? I haven’t yet devised a way to make that happen since I refuse to run marathons every week. Or at all.

5. What is your trick for getting past writer's block? And what advice do you have for other authors who are struggling to tell their story?

Writers block is often a sign of burn out, so it helps to take a break from writing to do something that feeds my soul. Stress can also cause writers block. The most common culprit is that evil little voice in my head whispering that I'm not good enough. In those cases, I give myself permission to write worthless drivel, knowing it can be deleted or revised later, and just write. Often putting words on a page frees up my creativity enough that I can keep going. A looming deadline is also a great motivator to write even when I’m not feeling it.

6. Now that we've gotten to know each other, tell me a story. It can be long or short. From your childhood or last week. Funny, sad, or somewhere in between. Just make sure it's yours. What's your story?

Just this past weekend my husband reminded me of one of his favorite stories about me and related it to my daughters as we were washing and waxing our family SUV.

When my husband and I were just barely starting to date, I borrowed his truck—I can’t even remember why. His truck was one of those smaller Toyota pick ups and he had it lifted and looking very manly. I was impressed that he trusted me, a girl he had only known a few months, with his baby. Before I returned it to him, I filled it up with gas and washed it. He was so pleased and surprised that I’d done that. After he went to work, he sat at his desk on the second floor of the office and looked down at his truck parked right below his window…only to see a dirty stripe down the center of the cab. Right away he realized that the reason I had missed the top of the cab was because I was too short to see where I had missed, and too short to reach it, he started laughing. For some reason, he found that endearing. I think that is when he gave his heart to me. Now I know I should have stood in the bed of the truck to get the top and I get razzed about it every time we wash the car. Anyway, that’s one of his favorite stories to tell about me. Short girls. Gotta love ‘em, right?



To view our blog schedule and follow along with this tour visit our Official Event page 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!