Recent Posts

Saturday, January 3, 2015

New Year Resolutions and Review

Every Year I do a review of my year and write my new years resolutions.

Well, here is my review!

In 2014 I completed:

1- Finish 2 books and get at least one of them signed for publishing - This did not happen, unfortunately, but I'm still working hard and therefore I cannot feel bad about the progress I did make.


2- Get back into shape like when I got married (that's only 20 pounds left to go!!) - Hahahaha Oh that's funny! So Instead I gained weight! Guess what is going back on my goals for next year ;) But I did run a 5K and lost some weight before I put it all back on!


3- Attend 2 writers conferences this year - Yes, yes, and yes!

ANWA

LDStorymakers

4- Make new blogger friends and keep up on blog posts - well, I admit that I was good about this for about 7 months. Then I got a day job and my business took off so much that I hired on some help to keep me from sinking in requests. I now have an awesome team that helps me make events successful for all our authors - I'll take it!!




5- Pay off 2 debts - Absolutely!! In fact, we were able to pay off all our debts (except cars and house) with only one left to finish in 2015!! We also had our car die (finally!!) and we got new ones when I got my new job!




6- Complete Nanowrimo 2014 (Win it with 50,000 words) - You know, I've tried this for the past 2 years and this year I didn't even try. Not because I gave up - but because I took a look at what was already on my plate and realized that it would be foolish to stress myself out trying to do something that I knew would not fit on my list this year. So 2015 ... maybe we'll try again!

7- Try and sign on with an agent this year - Well I tried so I'll count that ;)

8- Manage my time (Specifically do sprints at least once a week) and don't sweat the small stuff - Definitely learned a few things about sweating the small stuff and have learned to be so much happier for not letting those little things get me down. I'm freer, I'm happier, and I can let things go! Plus, I attended this fantastic forum that my boss paid for all us employees to attend. It was amazing!




Ok, so what is happening in 2015?

Well, that is the beautiful part! I don't know!
I have no resolutions for this year and here is why:
I clearly don't look at them until the end of the year when I do a recheck and see if I've done them. I intend to be healthy and lose weight, but that's a life change decision for me, since I received some blood work results that have clearly defined my choices. So I am choosing! 
Plus. I am happy with what I've got going on.

Does this mean I don't have goals? Absolutely not! I have lots of goals!
But I think that a year is too much for me! So I'm going to make my goals one at a time, on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis this year! I'm creating the possibility of realizing it's ok to not be so driven that I lose myself in my work and forget to enjoy life a bit.

Happy New Year You guys!! 2015 is going to be awesome! We are going to make memories, change our own worlds, change the world around us, and be fabulous people! I'm excited to share it all with you and see what amazing things you do this coming year!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!