Recent Posts

Monday, April 7, 2014

F - Finding a moment to breathe

Mondays about me

and

April A-Z Challenge (Letter F)

I tend to stretch myself too far - a lot. The other day I found myself as the "on call" person for two people who needed me to take their children at a moment's notice; was in the middle of finishing a challenge that required me to sew 4 blankets by the end of the day; had several blogs to write; had date night with my hubby; a social event I was required to go to; 2 meetings; Pay all the bills (I do the same day every 2 weeks and it just happened to be that day); 2 Parties to plan; a prize package to put together; 2 gift packages to mail; a 4 page to-do list; and I hadn't even started on cleaning my house, showering, writing on my books, or working out (let alone eating).

This was a breaking point for me. I realized I can't breathe! I am stretched so thin that I don't have 2 seconds to relax.



Sadly, this is usual for me and probably for a lot of you! We want to help others, participate in everything, fill every moment of the day, be as productive as possible, and still have time for ourselves.

News flash - NOT GOING TO HAPPEN

There are times when we simply need to remember that our world will still keep rotating even if we didn't write 3 chapters in our book, didn't read a critique, didn't save the world, say NO when someone wants help and we simply don't have time, AND didn't somehow do it all without eating or sleeping.

This is me :) Welcome to my world! I once had a friend say to me "You have to remember that you aren't Super Woman" to which I contemplated replying "But I'm trying to be!" When I realized that I can't try to be super woman without completely running myself into the ground.

So for me today, I have to remember to Find a moment to breath!

My favorite ways to remember to have time for myself are by taking a long bath (either with a book in hand or a movie on my laptop so I stay put - away from the demands of the world for longer); I also love reading while laying in bed in the middle of the day; Going on a walk through the park; and/or playing a game.

So now you know: If you ask me to help with something I will probably say yes. When I do say yes it doesn't mean I actually have time for it but will still manage to get it done. And when I am overburdened and can't breath I will probably still smile at you and pretend I have it all under control (Don't be so easily fooled!)

Now it's your turn - Tell me, in the comments, what do you do when you need to find a moment to breathe?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!