Recent Posts

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

B - Books

I love books, I read books, I write books, I dream books. I love books
However, I have a very bad habit *Confession Time*

I tend to buy a lot of books that I think are amazing and that I honestly want to read - and then they sit in a pile because I can't get to them fast enough!

I literally have 11 books sitting on the corner of my desk right now that I need to read. Plus at least 15 more on the book case, and probably 200 more on my kindle reader!!


So this past little while I was watching a YouTube video from  a good friend of mine, Christine Tyler and she had something called the Book Challenge (check out the link on her name and it will take you to the book confession and challenge - totally worth watching)

So I took this challenge and realized that I had 40+ books total I haven't read (not counting ebooks) and I decided I'm not going to get anymore books until I read them. Well, now I'm down to approximately 26 I haven't read - but I totally bought more books! (Shame on me!)

You know what though? I love books and I think reading makes me write better. So I am really going to try and not buy more and to read the ones I've got - but occasionally even I can't be perfect ;)

So tell me, in the comments below, how many books do you have on your shelf (or desk) that you haven't yet read?


2 comments:

  1. yup...right there with you! I've got hundreds in my ereader, and am working through the tactile ones as well...I think right now I'm down to 5? maybe more.... hehe

    Jamie Dement (LadyJai)
    My A to Z
    Caring for My Veteran

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure if I should feel shame, I've thousands on my hard drive and various devices...I love to dip into non-fiction, short stories randomly and I read about four novels a week...when I not on the A to Z. On my shelves over 4000...you could say I collect books and I shipped them to Brazil with me...goodness I sound insane!
    Enjoying the A to Z Challenge Maggie@expatbrazil.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!