Recent Posts

Monday, May 6, 2013

Review for Displaced


Displaced is a compilation of three short stories written by the very talented Joni Heirtzler. These are The Influence, Last Minute, and Rain.

The three stories are different and very imaginative. I was really impressed with how these stories made me think outside the box. Joni has created a small world where things are different and where as a reader I got to see and imagine things from a different perspective.
The first story, The Influence, was my favorite - sweet and thought provoking. The second story, Last Minute, opened up my mind to the possibilities of "what if..." and the many unsung heroes we have among us every day. And the third story, Rain, hit very close to home for me, taking a look into a reality that sometime we don't think about.
I thought Joni did a fantastic job on her three stories. They were well written and complimented each other in this book, although each of them clearly stands on it's own as an individual story.
I highly recommend purchasing this book. It's available at Amazon: http://amzn.to/17pW9PD
It's a light and easy read, despite being extremely deep and thought provoking. Also because all proceeds go to help Joni go to Lithuania with ILP where she will be helping teach students English.
Or, to make additional donations to allow Joni to share her time and talents with so many others, an account has been set up on Razoo:  http://www.razoo.com/story/Help-Joni-Teach-English-In-Lithuania


Bio:
Joni is the second of five children. She's active in track, plays the violin and loves to serve others. She's kind and compassionate and dreams of seeing more of the world before settling down to complete another two years of college to obtain her bachelor's degree. She's planning on pursuing a degree in marketing through Southern Utah university as soon as she returns from Lituania.




Excerpt from The Influence:
“Precious memories swam through my mind. I hadn't realized how dull life was without a body until I'd received one. The world had become vibrantly beautiful. I remembered the first day; all of the senses overbearing.”


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!